Saturday 4 July 2015

DIY SUGAR LIP SCRUB


Hello beautiful people! 


Today I thought I would write about something a little different.
 Despite being summer, I still suffer from dry lips and after trying copious amounts of Carmex and vigorously biting my dry skin till its sore, I decided to do some research and try out other remedies that would help to make my lips look super smooth and hydrated and luscious during the summer months.

I came across some lip scrubs online and instead of going out and purchasing some, I decided to give it a try myself..... And it works!! So I thought I would share my recipe with you!


Here is a step by step guide to making your own sugar lip scrub.

What you need:

Mixing bowl
Mini pot or container of your choice
A tablespoon of brown or white sugar
A dash of honey or olive oil/coconut oil
A drop of orange or vanilla extract (this isn't really necessary but smells divine)


Directions:

1. Start by with mixing the sugar with a drop of honey or oil in a bowl until the sugar sticks together.

2. Add a tiny drop of extract into the mix and then pour it into your container of choice.

3. Apply mixture to your lips.

Leave the Mixture on your lips for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth and then apply a lip balm on top. I would recommend to apply the scrub once or twice a week- no more.

I hope this quick and easy recipe inspires you to make your own lip scrub and I would love to know if it worked for you.

Speak to you soon!

Lots of Love

Paige xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment